Wednesday, January 18, 2012

pot roast, monkey bread, and food for everything...


Growing up, I was always aware of the importance of food... All major holidays were accompanied by a meal. We brought food to neighbors when they moved in up the street. It was always interesting to me that we brought family members dinner if they had a baby, lost a loved one, or were in some way ill. No matter the circumstance, potatoes were bought, casseroles were fixed, and there was always the slight aroma of bread. In short, food cures everything. Well, at least most things. My most recent attempt at this had me leaving for work hoping that when I returned, my crock pot along with pot roast had not decided to mutiny and burn the house down. This was my first attempt at crock pot pot roast. As it turns out, the hardest part was actually giving my dish up without eating it myself. A weaker woman would have called in sick. The recipe was fun and easy and I hope you enjoy!

ingredients:

-3-4 lb chuck roast or pot roast
-6 medium potatoes
-1 small onion
-1 bag of baby carrots (this saves time and effort)
-salt and pepper to taste
-1 bag dry onion soup mix (some people use 1 can of condensed mushroom soup)

recipe

1) place roast in bottom of crock pot
2) place carrots, onion (cut in half), and potatoes (cut in half) around the roast
3) sprinkle onion soup mix, salt (1 tsp), and pepper (1 tsp) on top of all
4) fill water to above roast and potatoes
5) cook on low for 6-8 hours

I also delivered monkey bread! This is not the easiest thing to make so I bought a kit at Publix! It turned out great!

More Pictures:



No comments:

Post a Comment