Wednesday, January 4, 2012

off the list

when I was a senior in college, I wrote out a bucket list so that I would have something to look forward to after graduation. College was ending and I wanted to have a firm grasp on the things in the future that would make my time here extraordinary. In 2011, I brought life to some of those goals. I rode a horse on a beach. I kept a plant alive for over a year. I had a beer in Ireland. Shockingly, these are not the things that made 2011 extraordinary. I met some amazing people. I helped cook alligator. I ate the alligator. I met my cousin’s first baby. I started a blog. We dropped my sister off at college. I cried the whole way home after we dropped my sister off at college. I made homemade Halloween and Christmas cards. I became more than a co-worker. I struggled with my faith and it came back stronger than ever. I learned the true meaning of family and unconditional support. I learned the meaning of true friendship. I was touched by the kindness of a complete stranger. I fell in love with someone that would become my best friend. I learned that what makes all of our lives extraordinary does not come from a list.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post! Hope 2012 will continue in the same amazing way! Good to see you back here! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It was an amazing year! I hope to blog more consistently in 2012!

    ReplyDelete