Monday, May 23, 2011

going to europe and eating pigeons

In 4 days, 6 hours, and 11 minutes, my family will be leaving for Dublin, Ireland. Naturally, I am excited about the castles, the cliffs, and the pints of Guinness (# 34 on the Bucket List). What I am REALLY excited about; however, is the food. Nothing takes you out of your comfort zone more than eating something that seems unusual. Having been unable to curve my enthusiasm into something productive at work, I have looked up every possible dinner menu along our route. After we land in Dublin, my father will be braving turn-abouts to drive us to Ashford Castle . The next day, we will be in the car again on the way to Bunratty Castle and the Cliffs of Moher. After that, we are back in Dublin before we fly to London for 5 days. Everything along the Ireland route read the same way: meat and potatoes. The menus in London; however, had a different story to tell. From smoked pigeon to spotted dick, my family should have an interesting time exploring alternative cuisines. One particular restaurant in London that I am excited about is avenue. I cannot wait to share pictures and stories! See everyone after the trip!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, I'm so excited for you! We've been having excellent weather, so I hope that holds out! You HAVE to go to Wild Honey while you're in London. It's my absolute favourite restaurant here!

    http://www.wildhoneyrestaurant.co.uk/

    Have an excellent trip! And enjoy the Guinness!

    ReplyDelete