Monday, May 9, 2011

a bucket list at 23

Last year, when I was about to graduate, I had an “AHHHHH” moment when I realized that I did not have any idea where my life was going. I did not have a job lined up and I was thoroughly convinced I would end up living in my parent’s basement forever. One of my professors seemed to at least understand my sentiment and suggested that I come up with a Bucket List. His argument was that this list would be everything I had to look forward to after college. One year later, I can say that I have successfully marked three items off my list (and I am not living in my parent’s basement…):
1.       Go skydiving
2.       Publish a book
3.       Keep a plant alive for over a year
4.       Go see the redwoods
5.       Shoot a pistol*
6.       Sell a photograph
7.       Ride a horse on the beach
8.       Find my soul mate
9.       Write a romance novel
10.   Read the Bible start to finish
11.   See the great lakes*
12.   Win a cooking contest
13.   Change someone’s life
14.   Climb the pyramids
15.   Get a tattoo
16.   Go to a strip club
17.   Go cage diving with great whites
18.   Take flowers to a stranger
19.   Adopt an animal at the zoo
20.   Go on a ghost tour in Edinburgh
21.   Spend a sleepless night in Seattle
22.   See the Amazon
23.   Buy myself a car
24.   Ride an elephant
25.   Flash a crowd for beads
26.   Take a huge risk
27.   Get a good night kiss on a good night
28.   Make my child laugh
29.   Go hunting
30.   Work for a non-profit*
31.   Find the faith I have been searching for
32.   Live in Maine
33.   Dance to Tale as Old as Time with someone I love
34.   Drink beer in Ireland
35.   Hold a koala bear
36.   Run a marathon
37.   Buy my mother lunch
38.   Shoot my age in golf
39.   Pick wild lavender
40.   Learn how to tango
41.   Watch the sun rise on a beach
42.   Go scuba diving in a shipwreck
43.   Visit the catacombs under Rome
44.   Go to the carnival festival in Venice, Italy
45.   Become a cheese connoisseur
46.   Stitch a replica of my Grandmother’s city scene stitch
47.   Stop worrying about things that are out of my control
48.   Donate Blood
49.   Act in a community play
50.   Run my own business
51.   Go to all four Major golf tournaments
52.   Play Augusta National

(*) Indicates that I crossed them off last year! I hope that this list grows as I grow and I look forward to completing them all!

4 comments:

  1. Hey! Thanks for following! I'm honored.

    Good list, this! I should add point 44, 45, and 47 to mine. Doesn't it feel great when you can actually tick something off? I'm not actually sure I will ever achieve all the things I would like to accomplish in life but it helps me dream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too and I am sure that my list will just keep growing! I will actually be marking #34 off at the end of May when my family and I travel to Ireland!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I have a list too, with a lot of the same as yours. 1, 8, 10, 11, 15, 16, 18, 20, 23, 24, 25,27, 34, 41, 48, and 50 have all been crossed off my list! =)
    We already share 2, 3, 5, 6, 14, 31, 40
    I need to add 7, 26, 33, 45, 47

    I should write a post about my list too! Thanks for the idea. Good luck with all of this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jesse, thank you so much for sharing! Many of these items are COMPLETELY out of my comfort zone! I cannot wait to read about your list as well!

    ReplyDelete