Wednesday, March 2, 2011

to crock or not to crock:

I would say, “that is the question”, but it would make this blog both cheesy and ridiculous. Instead, I will say that it is a personal preference. There are some that live by their slow cooker, while others have never taken it out of the box. I inconspicuously straddle the fence on this one. There are times when I love my crock pot and times when I would rather throw something on the stove and call it a meal. Therefore, I am giving you two recipes. The ingredients are almost the exact same. It is only the directions that are different. One of these recipes calls for a crock pot and the other calls for a stove. Good luck and enjoy!

Sauerkraut and Sausage a la Kelley
Ingredients:

1 package of polska kielbasa sausage
1 jar of sauerkraut (some would argue to buy it in a bag but I prefer the jar!)
1 can beer (12oz)
2 potatoes cut into cubes

Recipe:
1)     Cut the sausage into 1 in thick slices
2)     Drain the sauerkraut
3)     Put the sausage, sauerkraut, and potatoes into the slow cooker
4)     Pour the beer over the mixture
5)     Cook for 5-6 hours on low heat


Sauerkraut and Sausage a la Kelley 2
Ingredients:

1 package of polska kielbasa sausage
1 jar of sauerkraut (some would argue to buy it in a bag but I prefer the jar!)
1 can beer (12oz)

Recipe:
1)   Cut the sausage into 1 in thick slices
2)     Drain the sauerkraut
3)     Put the sausage and sauerkraut into a pot on med heat
4)     Gradually introduce the beer while stirring the mixture (You may not need the entire can with this version of the recipe
5)     Cook until the sausage and sauerkraut are warm (about 12 minutes)
6)     Serve over mashed potatoes





4 comments:

  1. Hey Kelley! Thanks so much for checking out my blog! OK so first, this looks YUM, and Im going to try it. I heart sauerkraut!
    Next, I didnt see your email in your profile, so to answer your cupcake question, I filled a pastry bag, used a Wilton #21 tip and just piped the waves on in "wavy" lines. =)
    Let me know if you have any more questions...good luck with your new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessy! Thank you so much for your advice! I have been all about cupcakes these days and I am always looking for tips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I have to ask this-- have you made this for your Polish boyfriend? I bet he would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually have not made this for him yet! We keep talking about it though!

    ReplyDelete